Saturday 3 September 2011

Voices!

Life is too bitter!
It wants you to smile when all inside is dead, to quieten all clamour within and appear sedate, to keep on playing this game of pretentions and in the midst of these multitude shrouds you put on, lose track of the real YOU....too stringent a compromise!

They detest my exterior,
without a glimpse into my past,
they shun me on the first show,
wonder! What if I let all be seen!
Would they then loathe me to insanity?

They ask me to forget,
while never letting the page turn,
locked on that very leaf, my life is,
how can I set myself free?

They ask me to move on,
a station for them, perhaps,
my life but, it WAS for me!
how can I let it slip away?

To hear it all and appear calm,
how is it possible,
to swallow fire and be water?!!

I listen again and again and again,
the adamant tides,
stealthily at work,
ruthlessly eroding,
the mansion of strength,
so painstakingly I tailored...

I ask them to let me be,
No, no that can’t be!
M a prisoner, in the hands of time,
my crime can be forgiven not forgotten,
I stand a culprit for times to come,
Look Here! Take in the message!
An admonition for the wise,
to err and then seek an eraser,
is crime beyond the confines of compassion!

2 comments:

  1. What a philosophical way of expressing yourself!
    Seems as if I am confronted by my english literature professor.
    Topic speaks for itself.

    Of course life is full of bitter realities, yet we don't have much of a choice but to struggle through it.

    Your deep thoughts are worth appreciating.
    I have joined your site.

    Please visit me [tariqmian.blogspot.com] to join my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tariq Mian
    thanx 4 appreciating... :)
    n being a part of this small world..u r wellcome!!!

    ReplyDelete